My friends Adam and Andrew at the Disney Hipster Blog have just published their version of standardized testing. You can take the test here.
And here are my answers (guesses). I don’t anticipate doing very well. I like to write about eating at Disney, but when it comes to knowledge of Disney history and trivia, I’m not nearly as knowledgable as the typical Disney Lifestyler. So I’ll post my answers now, then listen to the Disney Hipster Podcast for the answers.
1. What year did the MK open?
2. How many Adventureland tiki drums are there?
3. What is the regular and DVC Disney Resort hotel check-in and check-out times?
4. Who is the most recent president to be sitting down in Hall of Presidents?
5. What day and year did Walt die?
Some time in December 1965
6. What brand of ketchup does Disney world use?
7. What terminal AND level do you catch the Magical Express at Orlando International?
Terminal A, Level 2
8. What brand of water does Disney World sell?
Dasani (a CocaCola product)
9. How many square miles is WDW?
10. What was the last world showcase pavilion added?
11. What flavors of soft serve does Aloha Isle carry?
Vanilla, Pineapple, Orange
12. What are the eight available colors when choosing your magic band?
Green, Blue, Gray, Orange, Yellow, Red, Purple, Pink
13. What is the phone # to make ADRs?
14. How many drops are there on Splash Mountain?
15. How many stops does the electrical water pageant make if the MK is open until 11pm? Extra Credit if you can name the locations and order in which it stops.
I have no idea. I saw the water pageant for the first time yesterday.
16. If you were to alphabetize all the current attractions (not counting meet and greets) at the Magic Kingdom, what would be first?
7 Dwarfs Mine Train (hehehe)
17. What are the denominations of Disney Dollars?
They still have Disney Dollars?
18. Which is NOT an actual frozen treat location:
a. Kabuki Cafe
b. Peevy’s Polar Pipeline
c. Maurice’s Frozen Treat Machine
d. Hey Howdy Hey Takeaway
C – I think Maurice’s has popcorn, right?
19. How many rows are on a current MK Pirates boat?
20. Name 2 films advertised inside The Tree of Life.
Beauty and the Bees, A Crickets Line
21. What moderate hotel was the first?
22. What is the price of parking at WDW?
23. What are the 2 background colors used on the majority of the WDW road signs?
24. At the entrance to WDW property you pass under the entrance sign that features Mickey and Minnie – which one is on the left?
25. Name the two water parks on property?
Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon
26. What is the price of a round of mini golf?
27. What types of nuts can you get cinnamon glazed throughout the parks?
28. What are the full titles of all four Pirates of The Caribbean films (in order)?
Curse of the Black Pearl, On Stranger Tides, Drink a Fifth of Rum, Voodoo Queens are Hot
29. How much does a school bread currently cost?
30. Put these attractions in order of length…shortest to longest.
a. Enchanted Tiki Room
b. Spaceship Earth
c. Impressions De France
d. Country Bear Jamboree
c, d, a, b
31. What 2 countries do not light up during illuminations?
32. What is the name of the roadie that the Aerosmith guy asks to hand him his Les Paul?
33. What two places can you find Magic Cookie Bars?
My mouth, My Stomach
34. How many spitting camels are there in Adventureland?
35. How much does it currently cost to park a car at a WDW park?
Didn’t I just say $17?
What the hell?
37. What’s Walt full name?
Walter Elias Disney
38. What is the name of the “main store” (Emporium, Mouse Gear etc…) on Discovery Island at Animal Kingdom?
OMG I just bought a shirt there yesterday. Damn – Outpost something?
39. Name 7 Non Disney Films that are practically showcased (not the final film) in The Great Movie ride?
Wizard of Oz, Singin’ in the Rain, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Ziegfeld Follies, Some Gangster Film, Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon
40. What are the names of the mother, father, son and daughter in Carousel of Progress?
Betty, Don, Sally
41. How many people fit in 1 row on WDW Soarin?
42. Between Space Mountain and Spaceship Earth:
a. Space Mountain has a higher capacity per hour.
b. Spaceship Earth has a higher capacity per hour.
c. Both are roughly the same.
43. Name 1 of the 9 food or drink locations at Blizzard Beach.
44. What are the animals on the benches of AK?
It’s not nice to call park guests animals.
45. What is the name of the body of water in front of MK?
Seven Seas Lagoon
46. Who is the current sponsor of Living With The Land?
47. What are the 5 types of creatures on the Animal Kingdom entry sign.
Birds, Elephant, Dinosaur, Lion, Unicorn
48. Where are the restrooms in Liberty Square located?
49. What is the name of the Cirque du Soleil in WDW?
50. Who is the current sponsor of the various “photo spots”?
Nikon! So weird to see the new signs.
51. What is the scent of the Shampoo currently used at Disney Resorts?
White Tea Aloe
52. Who sponsors Spaceship Earth?
53. How many color monorails are there?
54. What is the current price of a ‘Length of Stay’ Rapidfill Mug?
55. Complete this attraction quote (5 words): “The approaching storm may seem violent and destructive to us, but to nature it’s a new beginning _ _ _ _ _.”
designed to kill all humans.
56. What are three of the six Jeopardy categories on EEA?
1. Attractions you sleep on
2. Longest Attractions Ever
3. Most humorless use of really funny comedians in an Attraction
57. Name all 3 dinner shows on WDW property.
Spirit of Aloha, Hoop de Doo Review, Mickey’s Backyard BBQ
58. How many ferrys currently run between the TTC and the Magic Kingdom? Bonus points if you can name both.
2, since you said “both”. Duh.
59. What is the Final Jeopardy Answer in Ellen’s Energy Adventure?
60. What is Phylicia Rashad’s character name on Countdown to Extinction?
Dr. Claire Huxtable
How did I do??